Commission on Higher Education

Commission on Higher Education (CHED) Scholarships and Grants

There’s a new CHED building along C.P. Garcia Ave. (near University Ave.) which houses, among others, the Scholarships-granting unit of CHED called Office of Policy, Planning Research and Information (OPPRI).  It was this unit that gave me a Doctoral Dissertation grant, after I was granted the UP OVCRD Dissertation grant.

There are tons of post-graduate scholarship and thesis grants as well as research travel grants available from CHED.  Please click here for the menu of grants and for Application Forms.

As you can see, your CHED is concerned about you finishing your post-grad education soon –by providing you generous scholarships– so you may help out quickly in the task of EDUCATING our fellow Filipinos 🙂

This tarp meets you at the lobby area of the new CHED building at C.P. Garcia 🙂 “Education is the best gift you can give to your fellowmen, to the nation!”


Two buildings away is the PHIVOLCS building.  In one of its offices, on the first floor, sits the UP Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research & Development (UP OVCRD), which likewise granted me a Doctoral Dissertation grant 🙂  OVCRD aims to promote and enhance R&D undertakings by and in the University of the Philippines Diliman.

I’m currently eyeing the PhD INCENTIVE AWARD, a grant that PhD grads can apply for.  Here are the implementing guidelines:

1. Regular faculty members who obtained their PhD from 2005 onwards may apply. Applicants must have received their PhD within twelve (12) months of application.

2. The grant may be used to support any research/creative work related activity such as but not limited to the following: initial set up of a research laboratory; purchase of equipment, books, materials needed for future research endeavors; conducting preliminary research activity; a research project; artistic work etc.

3. Proponents can avail of funding support for a maximum of two years but fund release will be on a yearly basis subject to submission of reports.

4. Research/creative work related activities that will last for more than a year should be programmed in such a way that each year is a self-contained phase with specific outputs. After the requirements and outputs of the previous year have been completed, the proponent may submit a proposal for renewal for possible funding. Approval of the first year does not guarantee funding for subsequent years.

5. The maximum financial assistance per year is P300,000.00.

Enjoy RESEARCH!!! 🙂